I enjoy reading people’s reflections about the ending year so I thought it was time for me to get on the trend! I haven’t seen anyone speaking on behaviors specifically so I thought it would be fun to do so. Here are 7 behaviors I am
hopefully leaving in 2017:
1.Putting other people’s wants before mine: Excluding the times I put other people first out of kindness, these are my selfish years and I shall honor them.
2.Trusting people’s opinion of me: It’s just their view based on how they see the world and what they deem to be right or wrong. How many times have you changed a fixed opinion about someone, because you got to know the said person better? Exactly. My opinion about myself shall remain the most valuable because I know myself.
3. Going on dates with men that have second intentions: A relationship is the last thing I need right now. I do not want to give false hopes nor waste anyone’s time – including my own (precious AF lol).
4. Replying to ‘harrassy’ DM’s on Instagram: I didn’t do it this year tbh and I will keep it this way. ‘Hey gorgeous can I get to know you?’ gets instantly declined. I love getting DM’s from girls because they’re usually decent, lol.
5. Spending significant amounts of money by impulse: Having a part-time job as a waitress was a blessing, it thought me the value of money. Money is time. I was getting paid by the hour so before buying something I had to ask myself how many hours of work it costed. This analysis is now a habit so I always ponder about the expense before going through with it. I promise will ”YOLO” once I can afford to.
6. Sugarcoating my views to appease people: Sometimes in serious conversations, by trying not to be rude I didn’t get my point across properly. I ended up saying things far from what I was thinking and it consumed me later. Now, I commit myself to let the other person know exactly what I think and stand for. I rather regret saying something a bit harshly than not saying it at all – communicating my exact thoughts has become very important to me.
7. Spending a whole week without exercising: It’s safe to say that a very challenging part of personal development are the physical habits. Gladly exercising became something that I enjoy doing at least 3/4 times a week. Thing is, if exercising had no direct impact on my well-being, I would probably choose to have a nap instead of going for a workout or a jog. How bad? lol. Weeks ago I had a small toe surgery so I was forced not to exercise for a week and although I enjoy lazy days – it wasn’t fun, I felt my body complaining too. So now that I’m healed, I look forward to never spending a whole week without blessing my body with some endorphin release!
So what are your thoughts on these behaviors and what are the ones you’ll be ditching for the new year?
Let me know on the comments!